Purpose

I've made a goal to daily post either a thought, quote, something learned, favorite books, goals, what I'm grateful for, etc. with the goal in mind of achieving well-being, experiencing joy, and to feel whole. My definition of being "whole" is to refine and develop the mind, body, and spirit so my daily posts will be addressing these different components of our lives. Hopefully you'll find something helpful, interesting, or of some worth to you. Here goes nothing! :)

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Importance of Human Interaction

Kauai HI - Apr 2012
"Whether we are in the company of other people or not makes a great difference to the quality of experience. We are biologically programmed to find other human beings the most important objects in the world. Because they can make life either very interesting and fulfilling or utterly miserable, how we manage relationships with them makes an enormous difference to our happiness. If we learn to make our relations with others more like flow experiences, our quality of life as a whole is going to be much improved."  (Flow, Chapter 8)

I realize the importance and need to have quality alone time once in a while but I am definitely someone who, for the majority of the time, thrives when I am with people. Some of my fondest memories and experiences were shared with people I am close to and would do anything for.

This quote made me think about the people I currently spend the majority of my time with. Am I investing my time with others who are naturally helping me achieve my goal of optimal life experiences? But probably just as important, am I being the type of person who is helping to improve the quality of life of others? Something to think about... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm curious to know your thoughts. Constructive comments are always welcome!