Purpose

I've made a goal to daily post either a thought, quote, something learned, favorite books, goals, what I'm grateful for, etc. with the goal in mind of achieving well-being, experiencing joy, and to feel whole. My definition of being "whole" is to refine and develop the mind, body, and spirit so my daily posts will be addressing these different components of our lives. Hopefully you'll find something helpful, interesting, or of some worth to you. Here goes nothing! :)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Health, Happiness, & Peace

"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him." - Buddha I stumbled across this quote and am loving it more & more each time I read it. I feel like there's a lot of profound truth in the quote. I'm constantly trying out ways to do this but it can be really tough. How successful are you at disciplining & controlling your mind? Has it helped you increase your health, happiness, & peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm curious to know your thoughts. Constructive comments are always welcome!